Due to to the spread of coronavirus SARS-Cov-2 causing the disease COVID-19 from 12 March, 2020, an epidemic emergency was introduced in the territory of Poland.
Restrictions on the migration of people and crossing borders were extended on 25 March, 2020 for the next 20 days i.e. until 13 April, 2020.
- suspension of all international and domestic air connections in the territory of Poland
- suspension of all international railway connections
- reintroduction of border controls at border crossing points with Schengen member states, including borders at seaports and airports.
From 15 March until further notice
- suspension of some of the border crossing points with the Russian Federation, Ukraine and Belarus
The question of crossing borders by foreign nationals performing work in Poland has been specified.
- limiting border traffic on all Polish borders – only Polish citizens and foreign nationals listed below are entitled to enter the territory of Poland:
- spouses and children of Polish citizens or foreign nationals remaining under permanent custody of Polish citizens
- holders of the Polish Charter
- heads of the diplomatic missions as well as diplomatic and consular staff of the missions i.e. diplomatic status holders and their family members
- holders of temporary or permanent residence permit in the territory of Poland
- foreign nationals who have the right to work in the territory of Poland, i.e. foreign nationals entitled to perform work
- on the same terms as Polish citizens
- holders of Polish work permits
- holders of certificates of entry in the seasonal work register
- holders of declarations of entrusting work to a foreigner in the territory of Poland, who:
- perform work in the territory of Poland or
- present documents confirming that employment will commence immediately after crossing the border;
- foreign nationals driving vehicles used for the transport of persons or goods, where the transit is a result of their professional activity.
EACH INDIVIDUAL ENTERING THE TERRITORY OF POLAND IS SUBJECT TO MANDATORY 14-DAY QUARANTINE IN THE PLACE OF RESIDENCE OR PLACE INDICATED BY THE VOIVODE.
(Individuals remaining in the quarantine are under Police control and, in case of breaching the quarantine rules, subject to the penalty of a fine up to 30 000 PLN)
Foreign nationals intending to cross the border are advised to hold documents confirming a place of stay in the territory of Poland to be presented during the border control.
Legalization of stay in the territory of Poland
Provincial Offices suspended direct customer service as well as the possibility to schedule appointments. At present only correspondence contact with the Provincial Offices is possible.
As part of the legal project called “Anti-crisis shield” changes are planned regarding legalization of stay and validity of various residence permit documents. A voting on adopting the Act in the Polish Parliament is planned to be held on 26 March, 2020. We will inform you about new legal solutions once the document is adopted in its final form.